During monsoon season, very often we may suffer from common cold. At times we may have digestion related stomach disorders like accumulation of gas, un-easiness in stomach (vomiting sensation), frequent motion with pain in stomach.
Here is 10 in 1 Marundhu Podi to get relief. This can be prepared easily with items commonly available at home. Half a tea spoon of this powder taken with rice or buttermilk twice a day gives much relief (this powder may be used for treating adults and is not recommended to treat infants and children).
‘Marundhu’ is a common Tamil word for ‘medicine’ and ‘powder’ is known as ‘podi’ in Tamil.
- Black pepper – 1table spoon
- Cumin seeds – 1table spoon
- Coriander seeds – 1table spoon
- Oregano (Omam in Tamil) – 1table spoon
- Fenugreek seeds– 1table spoon
- Dry neem flowers -1½ table spoon
- Asafetida powder– ½ tea spoon
- Dried ginger (Sukku in Tamil) – ½ inch piece
- Curry leaves – ⅓ cup
- Turkey berry dried (sundaikai vathal in Tamil) – 20 to 25 no
- Salt – as per taste (black salt is preferable)
- Fry all the ingredients (except salt) in a dry pan separately.
- Mix all with salt and grind as a coarse powder.
- Now 10 in 1 Marundhu Podi is ready.
- How to use:
- Mix ½ tea spoon powder and ½ tea spoon of sesame oil with steamed rice and eat twice a day.
- Or mix ½ tea spoon powder with buttermilk and drink twice a day.
- Above ingredients give approximately 50 to 100 gm of powder. Reduce the measure, if you need less quantity.
- This powder may be slightly bitter in taste. Those who don’t like bitter taste, may reduce the quantity of fenugreek, neem flower and turkey berry.
- This powder can be stored in a airtight container and used up to three months.