I used all-purpose flour, icing sugar, butter and some corn flour. I embedded these biscuits with almond.
Cooking time: 40 minutes approximately for two shifts
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 1 to 2 table spoon
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Baking powder – ¾ tea spoon
- Vanilla essence – ½ tea spoon (optional)
- Icing sugar – ½ cup
- Salt – pinch
- Almonds – few for garnishing
- Biscuit mix: Bring butter to room temperature; sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and 1 tea spoon corn flour together; repeat this twice or thrice; this helps to mix the flours well; take butter, icing sugar in a bowl and beat till frothy (it took almost 15 minutes); mix salt, vanilla essence and beat for few more minutes; now add flour-mix and mix well; it was little sticky and I added 1 table spoon of corn flour.
- Mixed well further as a dough and kept it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Baking: I baked in a 3 in one oven having micro wave, convection, grill and combo modes; I preheated it at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes; in between I made small balls from the dough; flattened it to little thick discs and lined them in a tray on a baking sheet.
- In the centre I placed a almond and baked it at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes; I baked in two shifts and got 13 pieces.
- Crisp sweet butter biscuits are ready.
- Baking time and temperature may vary oven to oven for different brands.