Cooking time: Approximately 30 minutes.
- Avaraikai (broad beans) – 250 gm
- Onion – 1 no
- Tomato – 2 no
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Black gram – ½ tea spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Red chilli – 1 no
- Oil – 2 tea spoon
- Asafetida (hing) powder – pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash and chop broad beans, onion, tomato, green chilli, garlic and curry leaves finely.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning with curry leaves.
- Add Chopped garlic, green chilli and fry well.
- Add chopped onions, salt; fry till onion becomes transparent.
- Add tomatoes, fry till it becomes soft.
- Add turmeric, red chilli, coriander powder and fry.
- Now add finely chopped broad beans; fry for 2 minutes and sprinkle handful of water; close with lid and cook for 10 minutes in low flame by stirring at short intervals; keep till done.
- Serve hot with rice or chapattis.