Sweet potato is a root tuber and tastes sweet after cooking also. It tastes nice when it is simply boiled without peeling the skin. Even though starchy it is liked for their sweetness. Sweet potato coated with jaggery is offered to Lord Shiva during Shivrathri festival.
Here is colorful spicy Baked Sweet Potato Finger Chips. My family likes this hot and sweet finger chips. This suits well as a snack and for lunch box. Children also will find this attractive.
Sweet potato is known as Sakkarai Valli Kizhangu in Tamil and as Shakarkand in Hindi.
- Sweet potato – 3 no
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into finger shape; wash twice or thrice drain and keep.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, oil.
- Mix well and keep it for 15 minutes; then arrange them in a baking tray.
- Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius; in between turn the sides once.
- Now crispy finger chips are ready with few drops of oil. Serve hot with any sauce.
- Baking uses very less oil.