Sweet potato is a starchy, sweet root vegetable used in many cuisines. The sweet potato looks pink outside and slightly yellow/white inside. It contains beta carotene and some minerals. Sweet potato can be boiled and served as snack. As it tastes sweet, children like it very much.
Sweet potato is known as ‘Sarkarai Valli Kizhangu’ (சர்க்கரை வள்ளி கிழங்கு) in Tamil and as ‘Shakarkand’ in Hindi.
- Sweet potatoes – 500 gram
- Salt – generous pinch
- Wash and cut sweet potatoes.
- Boil in salt added water till soft.
- Drain and allow it to cool.
- Peel the skin and serve.
- You can even sprinkle some chat masala and then serve.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!