Boondi Raitha is a quick and very simple dish to serve sudden guests or when you are running short of time. Boondi can be prepared or can be bought from market in small packets (without masala added) and kept in stock at home.
- Boondi – 1 cup
- Fresh curd chilled – 1½ cup
- Roasted cumin powder – ½ tea spoon
- Green chilli chopped – 1 no
- Black salt/table salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Mix chopped green chilli, salt and cumin powder in curd.
- Just before serving mix boondi in curd mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with fried rice or as a side dish to chappati.
- Mixing boondi in curd has to be done just before serving as boondi will absorb water from curd and become soggy.