Brinjal (Eggplant) is a common vegetable available throughout the year. It is available in different colours and sizes and can be cooked as a combo or solo dish. Some people do not like it, because of it’s seeds and for them even there are some variety of brinjals with less seeds.
Here I have prepared round shaped Brinjal Pan Fry that is simple and tasty.
Cooking time: 15 minutes other than marinating time
- Big brinjal – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric – ¼ tea spoon
- Corn flour – ½ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 to 1 ½ tea spoon
- Mix corn flour, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger & garlic paste; add one or two tea spoon of water to make paste.
- Wash and cut brinjal into round slices, neither too thick nor too thin; with a fork pierce the slices gently here and there; this helps to absorb salt and masala inside and to cook easily and evenly.
- Now coat each piece with masala paste on both sides; marinate it for 15 to 20 minutes for the masala to be absorbed inside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, sprinkle some oil; arrange 4 to 5 pieces on the pan, cook in low flame.
- Turn and cook the other side also till golden or red in colour.
- Serve with rice as side dish.
- Any type of brinjal can be used to prepare this dish.