Capsicum needs no further introduction as I have discussed in Stuffed Capsicum (Shimla Mirchi). Here is Capsicum Rice which is easy and takes less time to prepare.
Serves: 4 to 6
Cooking time: 20 minutes approximately
- Cooked rice – 3 ½ to 4 cup
- Capsicum – 3 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Roast and dry powder
- Coriander seeds – 1 table spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 table spoon
- Red chilli – 4 no
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafetida – pinch
- Cook rice as grains separated; if it is sticky, cool and apply one tea spoon of oil and toss.
- Chop capsicum and onion finely; dry roast the grated coconut to golden colour; dry roast and powder items given.
- Do the seasoning in a pan, add chopped onion fry till transparent; add capsicum, turmeric, salt and cook in open pan.
- When capsicum is soft, add fried coconut, dry ground masala and mix well.
- Switch off gas and add cooked rice; mix well gently.
- Serve with any raitha and roasted papad.
Do not cook capsicum in closed pan as water will accumulate and capsicum will be soggy. Capsicum should be fried well.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!