Cashew Nut Fritters (Munthiri Paruppu Pakoda) is a rich delicacy in terms of taste and cost. It can be offered on special occasions. Munching a handful of this pakoda with coffee in the evening time is enjoyable.
Cashew nut is known as munthiri paruppu in Tamil and as kaju in Hindi.
- Cashew nut – one cup
- Gram flour/besan (kadala mav) – ¾ cup
- Corn flour or rice flour – two heaped tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – one teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Onion small – 1 no
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – two cloves
- Mint leaves – few
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – for frying pakoda
- Finely chop onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and mint leaves; add the above chopped items with gram flour, corn flour, cashew nuts, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
- First mix well dry; then mix by adding minimum water so that all cashew nuts are coated with this masala uniformly.
- Heat oil in a pan; fry masala coated cashew nuts in moderate heat till crisp.
- Keep it on a kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves (optional). Now Cashew Nut Fritters (Munthiri Paruppu Pakoda) are ready.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.