Cashew nut is known as Mundiri Paruppu in Tamil and as Kaju in Hindi.
For the given quantity of ingredients I got 11 cookies.
- All purpose flour – 2½ cup
- Corn flour – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 1¼ cup
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Low fat cream or milk – 4 to 5 table spoon
- Cashew nut cut into small pieces – 2 table spoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tea spoon
- Granulated sugar – 1 table spoon
- Salt – pinch
- Add butter, sugar powder, cream or milk in a bowl and beat well till soft; add all purpose flour, salt and mix gently; refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Cut cashew nuts into small pieces; powder cinnamon stick; mix granulated sugar, cinnamon powder and chopped cashew nuts.
- Roll the dough to ¼ inch thick and cut to any shape of your choice.
- Apply little butter on top of each piece, put the sugar-cashew mix on top and press gently; spread the tray with baking sheet and arrange cookies in the tray; I baked at 200 degree Celsius for 40 minutes in my three in one microwave oven in baking mode with two trays.
- Crisp Cashew Nut (Mundiri Paruppu/Kaju) Cookies are ready.
- Here is the cutaway section of a cookie.