Here I have prepared Cauliflower Stir Fry. Cauliflower is known as Phool Gobi in Hindi.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes approximately
- Cauliflower chopped – 1 medium size
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Green chilli chopped – 1 no
- Tomato chopped – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – ¾ tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Cumin – ¼ tea spoon
- Aniseed – ¼ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ¼ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 table spoon
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add chopped green chilli, onion and fry till onion is soft; add tomato, ginger garlic paste and fry for few seconds.
- Add all dry masalas, salt, mix well and cook for few minutes; then add cauliflower, ¼ cup of water and mix; cover and cook till water evaporates and cauliflower is done; this may take 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or chappati.
- To remove small insects (if any) from cauliflower, put chopped cauliflower for 15 minutes in warm water with little salt added. Then drain water, wash and use chopped cauliflower.