Cooking time: approximately 20 minutes
- Cooked rice – 4 cups
- Onion – 1 no
- Tomato – 2 no
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Ginger – 1 inch long
- Curry and coriander leaves – few
- Lemon juice – of one lemon
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ tea spoon
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal (split Black gram) – 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli – 2 no
- Ground nut – ¼ cup
- Asafetida (hing) – pinch
- Chop onion,tomato,ginger,green chilli,curry and coriander leaves.
- Heat a pan with oil, add all the seasonings and fry till crisp.
- Add chopped onions,green chilli,ginger,salt and fry.
- Add curry,coriander leaves and fry for a while; add tomato and cook till tomato get mashed.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder and fry well.
- Now add cooked rice, mix well and remove from the pan; add lemon juice, mix well.
- Ground nut need to be fried crisp while seasoning.
- Add lemon juice in the mix only after removing from the flame.