Custard is a simple, easy to prepare dessert. The fruit custard is a less-fat, milk based healthy dessert. It tastes divine in summer, as it is chilled and served. Everyone including children likes this custard.
As custard powder is readily available in market in different flavors, it can be prepared easily at home at short notice. Other ingredients like milk, sugar and fruits (better to use seasonal fruits) are generally available at home.
- Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 4 tablespoon or as per need
- Custard powder – 3 tablespoon
- Chopped pistachio – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped apple – half cup
- Pomegranate – half cup
- Chopped papaya – half cup
- Chopped water melon – 2 tablespoon
- Seedless black grapes – 20 to 25 no
- Banana (ripe) – 1 no
- Boil 250 ml of milk; add sugar and mix well; meanwhile add custard powder in remaining 250 ml of milk and mix well; slowly add this custard powder (dissolved in milk) in the boiling milk.
- Keep stirring, cook for few minutes; when the mixer becomes thick and looks glaze, remove (or follow the instructions given by the custard powder manufacturer).
- Cool and keep it in the refrigerator for few hours; just before serving add chopped fruits, nuts.
- Now Colorful Mixed Fruit Custard is ready.
- You can garnish with some mixed fruits to make it more attractive and then serve.
- Custard looks colorful when mixed fruits are added.
- Chopped nuts are added to increase the nutritional value and taste.
- If you refrigerate after mixing fruits in the custard, it may become watery.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!