I have added some carrot, curry leaves and coriander leaves to make it colorful and healthy.
- Rice rava – 1 cup (here is How to Prepare Rice Rava ?)
- Grated carrot – 3 table spoon
- Chopped coconut – 2 table spoon
- Curry and coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – 2 cup
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli – 2 no
- Asafetida powder – pinch
- Oil – 1 table spoon
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add curry leaves, coriander leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped carrot, chopped coconut and fry for few seconds; add salt, water and bring to boil.
- Add rice rava gradually, stir continuously and keep cooking till it gets thick; remove and cool it; the dough is ready.
- Make small balls (little bigger than the size of a lemon) from this dough; steam cook it for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with any chutney (here Coconut Chutney is shown).
- Quantity of water may have to be little reduced, if rice rava is prepared with newly harvested rice.