I love the sweet taste of onions in curries and veggies. Here is Cream of Onion Potato Soup prepared with more onions and one potato. This is for those who love the flavor and taste of onions. This soup tastes little sweet and is more creamy. I used some low fat milk and no cream is used. I used the spring onion strings to garnish the soup. As this soup is prepared in microwave, the flavor is amazing. For the given quantity of ingredients, I got 7 to 8 cups of soup.
I did the whole cooking in microwave oven in 100% power.
Microwave Cooking time: 8 minutes
- Onions – 4 no
- Potato – 1 no
- Milk – 1 to 1½ cups
- Spring onion chopped – ½ cup
- Vegetable stock or water – 4 cups
- Ajinomoto – ⅛ tea spoon (optional)
- Black pepper ground – 1 table spoon (adjust as per your taste)
- Ginger – small piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Corn flour – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – ¼ tea spoon
- Butter low fat – ½ tea spoon
- Chop onion, potato, ginger, garlic and put it in a micro safe container; add ½ tea spoon butter; mix well; cover and cook in 100% micro power for 1 minute.
- Now add one cup vegetable stock again; cook in 100% micro power for 4 minutes; stir in between once or twice; cool, add salt, ajinomoto and grind to a paste.
- Now mix corn flour with milk in a micro safe bowl and cook in open for 1 minute in 100 % micro power; stirring in between is necessary otherwise, lumps will form; you can see the mixer is thick now.
- Now add onion & potato paste, remaining vegetable stock, milk and mix well; adjust the consistency and salt; cook in 100% micro power for 2 minutes; stir in between; this should get hot no need to boil; wait for few minutes and remove the bowl.
- Add chopped spring onions, freshly ground pepper powder when the soup is hot.
- Aromatic creamy Onion Potato Soup is ready in 8 minutes of microwave cooking time. Serve hot. As we add chopped spring onions last, it will be crunchy.
- You can use white onions also.
- Even you can replace onions with big bulbs of spring onion.