Urad dal (split black gram) is dry roasted in a pan, then powdered and used in this dish. This will taste very good if we use slightly sour curd. In some homes urad dal powder is kept ready to prepare this pachadi at short notice. This is very useful to manage unexpected situations like: shortage of dishes, shortage of vegetables, sudden arrival of guests for food etc.,
- Urad dal (dry roasted and powdered) – 2 tablespoon
- Sour curd – 1 cup
- Red chilli – 2 no
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – quarter teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafetida – generous pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – half to one teaspoon
- Add urad dal powder, salt, water in the curd and blend well (vary water quantity to adjust consistency as per your choice).
- Heat a pan with oil; add mustard, cumin seeds, asafetida powder, red chilli, curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Add this in curd mixed with urad dal powder.
- Now Daangar Pachadi with Urad Dal is ready. Serve with any type of variety rice or snacks.