Diet Cabbage Soup is simple, healthy for diet conscious people. Cabbage has very less calorie and is good for stomach ulcers. A bowl of this diet soup and 2 slices of multi cereal bread are filling and can keep you energetic. It takes less time to prepare. It is suitable to elders also as it has no fat and has less spice.
I used to prepare this soup for my daughter (modified to her taste) as part of her diet program that she was following before her marriage in November 2009.
Cooking time: 20 to 30 minutes approximately.
- Cabbage medium size – half
- Onion medium – 3 no
- Tomato – 2 no
- Green chilli – 1 no (adjust as per your taste)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Black Pepper powder – ½ tea spoon
- Roasted cumin powder – ½ tea spoon (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash all vegetables, chop and pressure cook it with one cup of water (I kept it for 3 whistle).
- Cool and grind it partially (no need to filter, as fiber is not much); add 3 cups of water, salt, pepper, cumin powder, mix well and bring to boil.
- Soup is ready and serve it hot.
Any other green vegetable suitable for soup can also be added for a change.
This post is part of the event “Monthly Mingle – Soups” with theme Soup for the happy soul hosted by Harini Prakash of Tongue Ticklers and scheduled by Meeta of What’s for Lunch Honey ?
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!