Here is eggless carrot cake using those small beautiful moulds. I love this recipe more because of less time needed to prepare. For a change I used jaggery for sweetness to give a nice taste and colour to the cake. Also I used vegetable oil instead of butter.
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Grated carrot – 3 cup
- Powdered jaggery – 1 cup (if carrots are sweet or you like less sugar, then reduce it to ¾ cup)
- Vegetable oil – 1 cup (I used sunflower oil)
- Curd – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 tea spoon
- Baking soda – 1 tea spoon
- Cinnamon and cardamom powder – ½ table spoon each
- Vanilla essence – 1 table spoon
- Cashew and raisins – 1 table spoon each
- Salt – pinch
- In a blender add jaggery, oil, curd and grind it for few seconds till jaggery is dissolved in oil and curd.
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda twice; add salt and mix well; add cardamom, cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Now add in grated carrot, cashew, raisins and mix well.
- Now add blended jaggery-oil-curd mix; mix well.
- Now grease the cake moulds, dust them with flour; pour the batter, bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- I baked in two shifts.
- Serve hot the soft and delicious Eggless Carrot Cake.
- Here is a cutaway section of Eggless Carrot Cake.