This is my first attempt to bake a chocolate cake. I am not much interested in chocolate so I never tried this. But seeing chocolate cakes in so many blogs I thought of trying it out. Amazingly it turned out well and my whole family enjoyed it. It was looking beautiful. I normally avoid frosting the cake, as my family does not like it. This time I tried that too.
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Cocoa powder – ¾ to 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1 cup
- Icing sugar – 2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup plus 3 table spoon
- Baking powder – 1½ tea spoon
- Baking soda – 1½ tea spoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 table spoon
- Paneer or cottage cheese – 50 gram
- Unsalted butter – 1 table spoon
- Salt – ½ tea spoon
- Drinking or club soda – ½ cup
- Sieve all purpose flour, cocoa powder, icing sugar, baking soda and baking powder twice or thrice; mix well with hands.
- Grind together paneer, milk (3 table spoon) and butter (1 table spoon) to make a puree; then add this puree with oil, one cup milk, pureed paneer and vanilla essence in a mixi jar and run for few seconds.
- Now pour this in flour cocoa mix and fold it gently; lastly add ½ cup drinking soda and mix well.
- Grease the baking container with little butter and dust with some flour; pour the mix and level it; I baked it in my microwave/convection/grill oven in cake mode by setting weight of the mix as 1200 gram; it took almost 55 minutes to bake.
- Now baked chocolate cake is ready.
- I then did frosting by cutting the cake diagonally.
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – ½ cup
- Blend both items and do the frosting.
- I also used cherry to garnish. Everyone in my family enjoyed this cake. Only frosting has not come out well as I planned due to power interruptions.