After starting this blog I learned so many healthy food items from my fellow bloggers. One among them is flax seed (also known as linseed). Through this blog, I earned a set of good hearted friends in the form of readers and bloggers in different age groups. I believe friendship has no age bar.
Recently I bought a flax seed packet. I got only the black variety and I used it in banana cake. The cake turned out so moist and tasty with black flax seeds. Due to its nice taste, I baked it again after two days.
The first time I baked it in cake mode in my microwave cum oven (square shape). The second time I baked it in convection mode at 180 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes (ring shape). In both methods, cake came out well. The cake is dense, moist due to banana and flax seed used in this cake.
Banana is known as Vazhai Pazham in Tamil.
- All purpose flour – 2½ cup
- Powdered Demerara sugar – 1¼ cup
- Banana mashed – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – ¾ cup
- Black flax seed powdered – ¾ cup
- Curd – 2 table spoon
- Milk – 2 table spoon
- Baking powder – 1½ teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 tea spoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – pinch
- Sieve all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, demerara sugar powder twice or thrice; add flax seed powder and mix well.
- Mash banana (I did it in mini mixi jar).
- In a blender add milk, butter, curd, vanilla essence and run for few seconds.
- Add mashed banana and run for few seconds.
- Add in the flour mix and fold gently.
- Grease a baking dish, dust it with some all purpose flour.
- Pour the prepared cake-mix and flatten it.
- Baking in Cake Mode: I set the weight of the cake mix as 1300 grams and the temperature and time was decided by the oven; it took 73 minutes to bake; here is a cut away section of the Eggless Moist Banana Flax Seed Cake.
- Baking in Convection Mode: Grease, dust the baking dish, pour the cake mix and flatten it.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes. Here is the baked ring shaped cake.
- Here is the cut away sections of the Eggless Moist Banana Flax Seed Cake.
- Use thick curd.