Eggless Dry Fruits and Nuts Cake is a rich cake with nuts and dry fruits. This is colorful, attractive and will be liked by all including children. I bake it occasionally. Recently one of my reader Meena asked for this cake recipe and here are the details to bake this cake.
Though there may be many methods/versions, here is my method of baking this cake. I used some 8 different varieties of dry fruits and nuts. The chopped dry fruits and nuts together is almost 2 cups. You may use dry fruits and nuts of your choice.
- All purpose flour – 1½ cup
- Corn flour – 2 table spoon
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup (adjust as per the sweetness of dry fruits used)
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Warm milk – 1 to 1¼ cup
- Dry fruits
- Raisins – handful
- Dried figs – 12 no
- Date – 8 to 10 no
- Cherry – 10 no
- Tooti fruity – 3 table spoon
- Powdered spices – 1 table spoon (clove, cinnamon and cardamom mixed together equally)
- Baking powder – 1½ tea spoon
- Baking soda – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – pinch
- Cake mix: Chop nuts into small pieces; chop fig, dates and cherry into small pieces.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, salt, powdered sugar, corn flour and baking powder; add powdered spices and mix well; add chopped nuts, dry fruits and mix well.
- Now beat butter in slightly warm milk till light and mix with flour; now the cake mix is ready.
- Baking: Grease a cake tin; spread some dry fruits in the bottom (I used cherry and some tutti fruiti); put the cake-mix, level it.
- Bake it at 160 degree Celsius for 60 minutes.
- Cool it fully and invert it. Now colourful Eggless Dry Fruits and Nuts Cake is ready.
- Here are some cutaway sections of the cake.
- The final cake mix should be little thick, otherwise all the dry fruits and nuts will settle down to bottom and will not be evenly distributed in the cake.
- Powdered spice – clove, cinnamon and cardamom can also be as per your choice.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!