Eggless Dry Fruits and Nuts Cake is a rich cake with nuts and dry fruits. This is colorful, attractive and will be liked by all including children. I bake it occasionally. Recently one of my reader Meena asked for this cake recipe and here are the details to bake this cake.
Though there may be many methods/versions, here is my method of baking this cake. I used some 8 different varieties of dry fruits and nuts. The chopped dry fruits and nuts together is almost 2 cups. You may use dry fruits and nuts of your choice.
- All purpose flour – 1½ cup
- Corn flour – 2 table spoon
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup (adjust as per the sweetness of dry fruits used)
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup
- Warm milk – 1 to 1¼ cup
- Dry fruits
- Raisins – handful
- Dried figs – 12 no
- Date – 8 to 10 no
- Cherry – 10 no
- Tooti fruity – 3 table spoon
- Powdered spices – 1 table spoon (clove, cinnamon and cardamom mixed together equally)
- Baking powder – 1½ tea spoon
- Baking soda – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – pinch
- Cake mix: Chop nuts into small pieces; chop fig, dates and cherry into small pieces.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, salt, powdered sugar, corn flour and baking powder; add powdered spices and mix well; add chopped nuts, dry fruits and mix well.
- Now beat butter in slightly warm milk till light and mix with flour; now the cake mix is ready.
- Baking: Grease a cake tin; spread some dry fruits in the bottom (I used cherry and some tutti fruiti); put the cake-mix, level it.
- Bake it at 160 degree Celsius for 60 minutes.
- Cool it fully and invert it. Now colourful Eggless Dry Fruits and Nuts Cake is ready.
- Here are some cutaway sections of the cake.
- The final cake mix should be little thick, otherwise all the dry fruits and nuts will settle down to bottom and will not be evenly distributed in the cake.
- Powdered spice – clove, cinnamon and cardamom can also be as per your choice.