As a follow up to my Eggless Elaichi Cake, I baked Eggless Kaju Kismis Cake with vanilla flavor. The ingredients used are same. I replaced elaichi powder (cardamom) with vanilla essence and added cashew nuts and raisins. I baked this cake in microwave oven in cake mode (uses both microwave and convection cooking). The cake has come out well with rich taste of cashew nuts and raisins.
Cashew nut is known as Kaju in Hindi and as Munthiri in Tamil. Dried grapes (raisins) are known as Kismis in Hindi and as Drakshai in Tamil.
Cooking time: 45 minutes including baking time of 32 minutes.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Salt less melted butter – ⅓ cup
- Milk – ½ cup approximately
- Cashew nuts and raisins chopped – 2 table spoon
- Vanilla essence/any essence – 1 tea spoon
- Baking powder – 1 tea spoon
- Soda bicarbonate – ½ tea spoon
- Mix milk, condensed milk, melted butter, one table spoon of chopped cashew nuts and raisins in a container and keep (item A); sieve twice the flour, soda bi carbonate, baking powder in another container (item B); now mix both item A and B; mix it in one direction till the batter comes to dropping consistency like idli batter.
- Now grease a microwave safe oven proof bowl (size 17 cm dia, depth 5 cm) with butter, dust it with some flour; evenly spread remaining one table spoon of chopped cashew nuts and raisins; now pour the cake batter.
- Bake it in cake mode; in my microwave only weight (approximately 600 grams for this cake mix) of the cake mix has to be set.
- The microwave oven decides the time needed to bake; the time needed to bake was displayed as 32 minutes; when done you can see the cake leaving the sides with nice aroma and colour.
- Remove, allow it to cool; reverse it on a serving plate. Now Eggless Kaju Kismis Cake is ready.
- Here is a cutaway section of Eggless Kaju Kismis Cake.
- Milk instead of water helps to bake the cake spongy.
- You may add powdered sugar if you want the cake to be more sweet. Condensed milk is already sweet.
- Do not melt butter directly on flame. Keep the required butter in a container and keep the container in warm water for butter to melt.
- Baking time and temperature may vary slightly from oven to oven of different brands.