Here I baked Eggless Orange Raisin and Pistachio Cake with fresh orange juice and orange zest. This orange cake was so soft and every member of my family loved it very much.
I used a fresh orange to extract juice and orange zest.
- All purpose flour – 1½ (one and half) cup
- Fresh orange juice – ½ (half) cup
- Powdered Sugar – ¾ (three by fourth) to 1 cup (adjust as per sweetness of orange juice)
- Salt-less butter – ⅓ (one third) cup
- Warm water – ½ (half) cup
- Orange zest – 1 tablespoon
- Roasted Semolina/rava – 1 heaped tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1½ (one and half) teaspoon
- Baking soda – ¾ (three by fourth) teaspoon
- Pistachio and raisins, chopped – 1 tablespoon each
- Saffron colour – pinch
- Salt – pinch
- Sieve all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl; add chopped pistachio, raisins, orange zest, powdered sugar, saffron colour, semolina and mix well.
- Bring the butter to room temperature; add warm water, orange juice and beat well; add with the flour and mix well; the cake mix is now ready.
- Grease a baking mold, dust with flour; pour cake mix and ensure that it spreads evenly.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 30 to 40 minutes or till a tooth pick comes out clean when you check.
- Now Eggless Orange Raisin and Pistachio Cake is ready.
- Allow it to cool and cut into pieces.
- Serve this simple orange flavored cake.
- This cake is likely to be more moist and soft as fresh orange juice and orange zest is used.