Here I baked Eggless Orange Raisin and Pistachio Cake with fresh orange juice and orange zest. This orange cake was so soft and every member of my family loved it very much.
I used a fresh orange to extract juice and orange zest.
- All purpose flour – 1½ (one and half) cup
- Fresh orange juice – ½ (half) cup
- Powdered Sugar – ¾ (three by fourth) to 1 cup (adjust as per sweetness of orange juice)
- Salt-less butter – ⅓ (one third) cup
- Warm water – ½ (half) cup
- Orange zest – 1 tablespoon
- Roasted Semolina/rava – 1 heaped tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1½ (one and half) teaspoon
- Baking soda – ¾ (three by fourth) teaspoon
- Pistachio and raisins, chopped – 1 tablespoon each
- Saffron colour – pinch
- Salt – pinch
- Sieve all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl; add chopped pistachio, raisins, orange zest, powdered sugar, saffron colour, semolina and mix well.
- Bring the butter to room temperature; add warm water, orange juice and beat well; add with the flour and mix well; the cake mix is now ready.
- Grease a baking mold, dust with flour; pour cake mix and ensure that it spreads evenly.
- Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 30 to 40 minutes or till a tooth pick comes out clean when you check.
- Now Eggless Orange Raisin and Pistachio Cake is ready.
- Allow it to cool and cut into pieces.
- Serve this simple orange flavored cake.
- This cake is likely to be more moist and soft as fresh orange juice and orange zest is used.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!