Carrot is known as Gajar in Hindi. I prepared this carrot halwa in 100% micro power using condensed milk.
Cooking time: 20 minutes approximately
- Red carrot or yellow grated – 4 cup
- Condensed milk – 400 gram
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cardamom – 5 no
- Ghee – ½ tea spoon
- Pistachio – few for garnishing
- Wash, peel and grate the carrot; put it in a micro safe container with half cup of milk and micro cook this for 8 minutes; stir in between; it may take more time if water content is more in the carrot.
- Now add sugar, cardamom powder, condensed milk and micro cook for 8 minutes; stir in between.
- If you find the content is not thick enough, micro cook for 3 to 4 minutes more (I did it for three more minutes); stirring in between helps for even cooking and makes the halwa to be thick easily; in the last add half teaspoon ghee and mix well when it is hot; the halwa gets thicker when it starts cooling; it took only 20 minutes to cook this carrot halwa for me.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and serve hot or cold.
- If you use condensed milk, quarter to half cup of normal milk is enough.
- If you use normal milk, you need two cups and this may take more time to evaporate the milk.
- The cooking time may vary with the amount of ingredients, moisture content in the carrot and type of your microwave oven.
- Follow safety precautions as given in your microwave oven manual.