Here I have prepared Gajar Methi (Carrot Vendhaya Keerai) Stir Fry. My family also enjoys other methi based dishes like Methi Paratha, Vendhaya Keerai Sambar.
Fenugreek leaves are called Methi Saag in Hindi and Vendhaya Keerai in Tamil. Carrot is called Gajar in Hindi.
Cooking time: 20 minutes approximately
- Cleaned and chopped methi leaves – 2½ cup
- Chopped red carrot – 2 cup
- Tomato chopped – 2 no
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Green chilli chopped – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1½ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Cumin seed – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Cooking oil – 1½ tea spoon
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add onion, green chilli and fry till onion is soft; now add tomato and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and mix well; add chopped carrot.
- Add methi leaves; mix well, cover and cook in low flame for 5 minutes or till done.
- Serve hot with rice or chappati.
- Tender stems of methi can also be added.