This is a simple healthy chutney in which all the ingredients are used in raw state to retain all the nutrients. Due to coriander and mint leaves, this chutney is green, aromatic and tasty. I prepare this often as side dish to south Indian snacks. I season it to use with idli/dosa. To use it with chaat, no need to season it.
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Mint leaves – handful
- Juicy tomato – 1 no
- Green chilli – 2 to 4 no
- Onion chopped – 1 table spoon
- Lemon juice – 2 table spoon
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – small piece
- Sugar – ¼ tea spoon
- Roasted cumin powder – pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – ½ tea spoon (if you want to season it)
- Put all ingredients together and grind to a fine paste. You can use this straight for chaats.
- I season it to use with idli/dosa. Season it with little mustard , urad dal and curry leaves in half teaspoon of oil.
- No need to add water to grind as tomato and lemon juice are used.