Here I have prepared mint flavoured Green Peas (Mutter) Pulav. This colourful green pulav is very tasty and suits well for parties or get together. Fresh green peas are tastier than the frozen ones or dried ones. Green Peas is called Pachai Pattani in Tamil and Mutter in Hindi.
Green Peas Pulav goes well with Thakkali Pachadi (Tomato Raitha).
Cooking time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Basmati rice – 2 cups (or any other rice)
- Fresh green peas – 2 cup
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Coriander powder – ½ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tea spoon
- For grinding
- For seasoning
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Oil – 2 table spoon
- Soak rice for 15 to 20 minutes; put the tomato in hot water for 5 minutes and then remove the skin; now grind items given for grinding.
- Heat a cooker with oil; add chopped onion and do the seasoning; fry till onions turn to golden colour; the flavor of pulav depends in frying the onion and masalas as well; add ground item, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry for some time; do it in low flame till the oil separates well.
- Add green peas and fry for few minutes; then add drained rice.
- Fry gently for few seconds; add water, lemon juice; mix (for basmati rice I use 1½ cup water for 1 cup rice) and pressure cook.
- After the steam starts coming out with pressure, I put the weight and keep in low for 5 minutes; pulav cooks well during this time in my cooker; cool and mix gently.
- Pulav with natural green colour and ingredients is ready. Serve hot with Thakkali Pachadi or any raitha.
- As we are using more green chilli, ¼ tea spoon of red chilli powder is sufficient to retain green colour in pulav.
- Quantity of turmeric powder is also sufficient to retain green colour in pulav.
- To retain mint flavor, quantity given for coriander powder is sufficient.
This post is part of “The Combo Event” hosted by Pari of Foodelicious.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!