We regularly buy multi cereal sliced bread that contains wheat, oat, maize, soya, channa. We have it for breakfast. For dinner I make garlic bread also. Sometimes bread slices are not fully consumed as planned. What to do with excess bread slices ? At times family members also get bored with bread slices.
You can surprise your family members with a delicious Green Peas Sweet Corn Bread Upma. Even children will like it in their lunch boxes. It is easy and simple to prepare.
Cooking time: 30 minutes approximately
- Multi grain or any type of bread – 8 slices
- American sweet corn – ½ cup
- Frozen green peas – ½ cup
- Capsicum chopped – 1 no
- Carrot chopped – 1 no
- Tomato chopped – 1 no
- Green chilli chopped – 1 no
- Onion chopped – 1 no
- Coriander chopped – few
- Curry leaves chopped – few
- Ginger chopped – 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Lemon juice – ½ tea spoon
- Salt as for taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 table spoon
- Peanut – handful
- Asafetida powder – pinch
- Oil – 4 tea spoon
- Boil green peas and corn with little salt; crumble the bread nicely.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning.
- Add chopped curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli, onion and fry for few minutes till onion is transparent.
- Now add chopped carrot, capsicum, salt and fry till both are just done.
- Add tomato and fry for few minutes till it is soft; now add boiled peas, corn and mix.
- Add red chilli powder, mix well and fry for few seconds; add crumbled bread and fry for few seconds.
- Switch of gas, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot. You may not need any chutney or sauce.
- Do not try with stale (where date of expiry is over) bread.