Here is an easy way to cut a mango and eat comfortably during this mango season. A knife is sufficient to split the mango in two parts. Seed can be removed easily with minimum wastage. This method is useful during journeys, picnics etc.,
Ripe mango is known as Mampazham in Tamil and as Aam in Hindi.
Let us see how easy it is to cut a mango.
- Wash and wipe the mango.
- With a knife make a deep cut up to the seed around the periphery in a single line (360 degrees) as shown. No need to cut the seed.
- Now hold the mango vertically with one hand on top part and one hand at the bottom part of mango. Gently twist either bottom or top part by 90 degrees or little more. Remove and keep either bottom or top part that rotates freely.
- Now hold the mango vertically with seed on top. Hold the seed, twist and remove the seed.
- Now mango is in two parts for distribution with seed removed. Use a spoon to eat the mango.
- Holding the mango vertically helps to retain the juice in mango sections.