Cooking time: approximately 40 minutes including preparation time.
- Raw rice – 4 cups
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 2 table spoons
- Ghee – 2 table spoons
- Lemon juice – 10 drops
- Salt – as per taste
- Soak rice for 20 minutes; drain it completely.
- Heat a pressure cooker with ghee and add cumin seeds; let it splutter well.
- Add drained rice, fry gently in low flame without breaking the rice for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 8 cups of water, salt and lemon juice drops.
- Close pressure cooker with lid and after a whistle keep for 5 minutes in low flame, then switch off stove.
- Open after 20 minutes and mix the rice gently.
- Jeera Rice is now ready and any vegetable curry suits well.
- Basmati rice may be used in lieu of raw rice.
- Do not over soak rice.