Kasuri methi is nothing but dried methi/fenugreek leaves. As fresh methi is not available at all places and all time, this easily available kasuri methi can be used in dishes in lieu of fresh methi. This Kasuri Methi Aloo Stir Fry is very easy and simple to prepare in less time with few ingredients.
Potato is known as Aloo in Hindi and Fenugreek leaves are known as Methi in Hindi. Kasuri is a place in Pakistan popular for this methi.
- Big potato – 3 no
- Kasuri methi – half cup
- Turmeric powder – half teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooking oil – 1 table spoon
- Soak kasuri methi in enough water for ten minutes; rinse, squeeze out the water completely and keep.
- Peel and dice potatoes; heat a pan with oil; add potato and fry in low flame for five minutes or till the potato changes to light golden colour.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry in low flame.
- When potato is done, add kasuri methi and stir fry for few more minutes in low flame till methi leaves are dry and crisp.
- Yummy methi flavored potato stir fry is ready to serve.
- Non stick flat pan is suitable to prepare this dish with less cooking oil.