Here is Kothamalli Chutney prepared with fresh coriander leaves. It contains all vitamins fully as it is prepared raw.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup (loosely packed)
- Coconut – ⅛ th of a full coconut
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Ginger – small piece
- Tamarind – small marble size (adjust as per your taste)
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Asafetida – pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Sesame/any oil – ½ tea spoon
- Grind together coriander leaves, ginger, coconut, green chilli, salt and tamarind to a fine paste and give the seasoning.
- This green Kothamalli Chutney goes well with Idli. It suits well with other snacks also.
- Tender stems of coriander can be added in this as they have fiber and improve flavor.