Mango season has started and many varieties of mangoes are available. Now sharp your skills in cooking mango dishes. Sometimes there may be lot of ripe mangoes at home and family members may find it difficult to consume either because of taste or flavour. Use those mangoes to prepare sweet and sour Mampazha Pachadi, to serve with rice or chappati.
Ripe mango is called Mampazham in Tamil and as Aam in Hindi.
- Ripe mango – 2 (scoop out the fleshy part)
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Red chilli – 3 no (adjust as per sweetness of mango)
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Boil mango with ½ cup water, turmeric and salt till soft; mash it nicely; mean while grind coconut and red chilli to a fine paste.
- Add this with boiling mango, cook for few more seconds and remove.
- Do the seasoning separately and mix with this boiled mango. Mampazha Pachadi is ready.
- Serve hot or cold.