Lassi is an Indian beverage prepared with fresh curd. Mango lassi is a very popular summer beverage. Curd and mango is a delicious combo and makes the lassi rich and yummy. What we need is fresh curd, sweet ripe mango, sugar and some cream.
Here I have used Padiri mango, a variety of mango found in some parts of Tamil Nadu to prepare Mango/Aam/Mampazham Lassi. Padiri mango has nice fragrance, rich taste and attractive colour.
Ripe Mango is known as Mampazham (மாம்பழம்) in Tamil and as Aam in Hindi.
- Medium size mango (cut and fleshy parts extracted) – 2 no
- Fresh chilled creamy curd – 1 cup
- Sugar – quarter cup
- Low fat fresh cream – 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Cardamom powder – pinch (optional)
- Chilled water – as needed
- Salt – pinch
- In a blender add mango, sugar and blend well.
- Now add curd, cardamom powder, salt, cream (keep some for garnishing), water and blend well; chill it in fridge.
- Before serving, pour in the glass and garnish with little cream.
- Serve delicious Mango/Aam/Mampazham Lassi.
- Quantity of sugar can be varied depending on the sweetness of mango.
- Quantity of water can be varied to suit the required consistency.