- masala: approximately 25 minutes
- each dosa: approximately 5 minutes
Ingredients for Dosa
- Dosa batter – 4 cups
- Cooking oil – half tea spoon for each dosa
Ingredients for Masala
- Potatoes – 7 to 9 no
- Green chilli –2 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Ginger – one inch piece
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafetida (hing) – pinch
- Oil – 2 tea spoon
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Split black gram – ½ tea spoon
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Chop onion, green chilli, ginger and curry, coriander leaves.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard, black gram, asafetida powder and let mustard splutter.
- Now add chopped onion, ginger, green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves and fry till onion gets transparent.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder and fry for a while.
- Add mashed potatoes, mix well and now the filling is ready.
Making of Masala Dosa
- Take a non-stick griddle (tava), grease it with little oil and heat it.
- Spread one ladle dosa batter in it to a thin round and cover with a lid.
- Cook it in low flame for 2 minutes and now the bottom of dosa will be golden colour.
- Keep 2 spoons of masala in the centre and fold it to a triangle or half circle.
- Remove and serve hot with sambar and chutney.
- use non stick tava to consume less oil and to cook faster.
- dosa has to be cooked with lid on top, to fold dosa as a triangle or semi circle.
You may confidently try out masala dosa and feel free to comment.