Mint Coriander Chutney is a colorful and nutritive chutney. This is easy to prepare and goes well with all south Indian snacks. As this chutney does not contain coconut or dal, it can be kept without refrigeration even for a day.
Mint is Pudina in Tamil and Coriander is Kothamalli in Tamil.
Serves: 4 to 5
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Mint leaves – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Onion medium size – 2 no
- Tomato sour – 2 no
- Green chilli – 4 no
- Garlic – 4 pods
- Roasted cumin seed powder – ½ tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Sugar – ¼ tea spoon (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Black split gram or Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Cooking oil – 1 table spoon
- Chop and grind together all the ingredients nicely except items given for seasoning.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add the ground items and fry for one minute; cover and cook for minimum 5 more minutes; remove when oil separates from the surface with nice aroma.
- Tasty mint coriander chutney is ready.
- Use fresh mint and coriander leaves.