Yoga recommends to eat natural food for a healthy living. But preparing food without heat is a challenge as we are addicted to cooked food. Juices need no heating/cooking. It is better to take fresh juices.
When I attended yoga class few years back, they taught me so many dishes that need no cooking on fire. In the last day of the class, a feast was organized with natural foods. It was so tasty and healthy. I would like to share Mint Coriander Leaves (Pudina Dhania) Juice which I tasted there.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Fresh mint leaves – handful
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Ginger – small piece
- Cardamom – 3 to 4 no
- Fresh coconut grated – 2 table spoon
- Jaggery chopped – 2 table spoon (adjust as per taste)
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Add jaggery in 1½ cups of water and keep it for 5 minutes; dissolve it and filter it to remove impurities if any.
- In a mixer add mint leaves, coriander leaves, grated coconut, chopped ginger, cardamom and jaggery water.
- Blend it well and filter it.
- Creamy mint flavored juice is ready. Can be chilled and served.
- Those who don’t like coconut, can replace it with ½ cup milk.
- Instead of jaggery, honey also can be used.
This post is part of “No Cook Event” hosted by Padmajha Sureshbabu of Seduce Your Tastebuds.