Yoga recommends to eat natural food for a healthy living. But preparing food without heat is a challenge as we are addicted to cooked food. Juices need no heating/cooking. It is better to take fresh juices.
When I attended yoga class few years back, they taught me so many dishes that need no cooking on fire. In the last day of the class, a feast was organized with natural foods. It was so tasty and healthy. I would like to share Mint Coriander Leaves (Pudina Dhania) Juice which I tasted there.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Fresh mint leaves – handful
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Ginger – small piece
- Cardamom – 3 to 4 no
- Fresh coconut grated – 2 table spoon
- Jaggery chopped – 2 table spoon (adjust as per taste)
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Add jaggery in 1½ cups of water and keep it for 5 minutes; dissolve it and filter it to remove impurities if any.
- In a mixer add mint leaves, coriander leaves, grated coconut, chopped ginger, cardamom and jaggery water.
- Blend it well and filter it.
- Creamy mint flavored juice is ready. Can be chilled and served.
- Those who don’t like coconut, can replace it with ½ cup milk.
- Instead of jaggery, honey also can be used.
This post is part of “No Cook Event” hosted by Padmajha Sureshbabu of Seduce Your Tastebuds.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!