- Chopped mixed vegetables like carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas and sweet corn – one big bowl full
- Milk – ½ cup
- Garlic cloves chopped – 2 no
- Green chilli chopped – 2 no
- Onion small chopped – 1 no
- Ginger chopped – I table spoon
- Corn flour – 2 table spoon
- Butter – 1 table spoon
- Vegetable stock or water – 6 to 7 cups
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tea spoon (adjust as per your taste)
- Coriander leaves – few (for garnishing)
- Salt – as per taste
- Heat a pan with butter, add chopped onion, ginger, green chilli and garlic; stir for 1 minute in low flame (no need to fry like other vegetable seasoning).
- Add all vegetables, stir for 3 to 4 minutes; add water or vegetable stock, cook till vegetables are just done; mix corn flour in milk without lumps, add in the boiling soup; mix well, add salt, keep cooking for few more minutes; lastly add pepper powder and mix.
- Serve hot.
In vegetable soup corn flour can replaced with oats to thicken the soup.
This post is part of the event “WYF: Light Meal” hosted by Simple Indian Food.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!