When you are left with small amount of vegetables of two or three types, you can try out this Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry. Eating one type of vegetable is also some times boring. Mixed vegetable dish can cater to everyone’s taste. This is like a Poriyal but with masala flavour. Those who like masala flavour, will surely love this dish.
Cooking time: 30 minutes approximately
- Potato – 3 no
- French beans – 200 grams
- Carrot – 2 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Garlic – 3 to 4 pods
- Red chili powder – ¾ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala – powder – ½ tea spoon
- Roasted Cumin seed powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooking oil – 2 teaspoon
- For seasoning
- Cumin seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Mustard – ¼ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ¼ tea spoon
- Aniseed – ½ tea spoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Chop potatoes, carrots and beans; finely chop onion and tomato; crush garlic and keep.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add chopped garlic, then onion and fry till onion is transparent.
- Now add chopped tomato and cook till tomato is soft; add turmeric, chili, coriander, cumin seed powder and salt; fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add all chopped vegetables and garam masala; fry for 1 minute, sprinkle a handful of water, cover with lid and cook; stir in between and add handful of water if needed; cook till vegetables are soft and done.
- Can be served with rice and chapatti as a side dish.
- You can also add green peas or any other vegetable in this.