Mushrooms are rich in vitamins and minerals.They are rich source of vitamin D and have high nutritive value.They are low in calorie, low in cholesterol and low in sodium but high in essential vitamins and minerals.
I have prepared mushroom soup, which is healthy and tasty.
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Button mushroom – 400 gm
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 5 cup
- Corn flour – 1 table spoon
- Pepper – 1 table spoon
- Onion – 1 no
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Butter –1 table spoon
- Fresh cream for garnishing (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Clean mushroom, cut into small pieces, then boil it (I did this in micro wave oven), then cool and grind it to a paste.
- Chop onion, garlic finely; coarsely powder the pepper.
- Heat a pan, add butter, let it melt; add chopped onion, garlic; fry for few seconds; don’t brown it; add corn flour, mix well.
- Add milk, let it boil and thicken slightly; add ground mushroom, water; mix well, bring to boil; add salt and pepper powder; switch of flame.
- Serve hot with toasted bread.
- Don’t boil the soup for long time.
This post is part of “Soup ‘N Juice” event organised by Mom’s Recipies.