During summer, muskmelons (cantaloupe) and watermelons are seen every where in the city to quench the heat. Ripe muskmelon has nice flavor with creamy texture. So I prefer to prepare juice instead of milk shake.
Muskmelon is called as Mulam Pazham or Kirni Pazham in Tamil and as Kharbuja in Hindi.
- Muskmelon – 2 no
- Cold water – 2 cup
- Ice cubes – 10 no
- Honey – 3 tea spoon
- Lemon juice- 1 tea spoon
- Ginger juice – 1 tea spoon
- Sugar – 3 tea spoon (adjust as per sweetness of the melon)
- Salt – pinch
- Wash and cut muskmelon; scoop out the seeds, take out flesh and put it in a blender; add ginger juice, lemon juice, sugar, ice cubes, salt, honey; run the mixer for few seconds; add cold water and run the mixer for few more seconds.
- Now the juice is ready; if you want extra chillness add few more ice cubes and serve immediately.
- Quantity of lemon juice, ginger juice and honey may be varied as per choice.
- You can also scoop out the creamy flesh from muskmelon, mix it with jaggery or sugar, chill it and serve.