During winter season plenty of fresh green peas (Pachai Pattani in Tamil) is sold in market. I prepare green peas spread in advance and keep it in fridge to prepare mutter paratha as and when required.
Stuffing: I did this stuffing like we do it for modak (a type of dumpling) and rolled it to prepare paratha.
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- Fresh green peas spread – 1½ cup
- Salt – pinch
- Oil – to cook parathas on tawa.
- Here is the fresh green peas spread that I used to prepare Mutter (Green Peas) Stuffed Paratha.
- Add salt and some water in wheat flour, knead it to a soft dough; apply half tea spoon of oil on the dough and keep it for 20 to 30 minutes; make a lemon sized ball from the dough; shape it like a cup.
- Fill it with two teaspoons of green peas spread inside and seal it.
- Shape it like a flat disc; now roll gently and flatten it with a rolling pin; if needed use some wheat flour for dusting while rolling; roll it as thin as possible.
- Cook both sides with some oil on a tawa; repeat this process for remaining dough also.
- Serve hot with any vegetable side dish.
- Mix very little salt in wheat flour, as green peas spread also has salt in it.