Oats Vegetable Mini Pancake/Dosa is a quick, easy and healthy lunch box recipe with oats and lots of vegetables. These fiber rich pancakes, mostly equal to full meals contain more vegetables, oats, rice etc.
It can be prepared and served as a tea time snack also.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Dosa batter (how to prepare the batter is here) – 1 cup
- Green peas (fresh or frozen) – half cup
- Cabbage finely chopped – 2 tablespoon
- Capsicum finely chopped – 2 tablespoon
- Carrot finely chopped – 2 tablespoon
- Onion chopped – 2 tablespoon
- Green chilli chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – quarter teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – half teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – half teaspoon
- Asafetida – pinch
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Powder the oats in a mixer grinder; add it with dosa batter with one cup of water; mix well and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Boil green peas with little salt (drain the water) and keep aside.
- Add one teaspoon of oil in a pan; do the seasoning with mustard, asafetida; then add all chopped vegetables (except boiled green peas) and fry for few seconds.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry for few seconds or till the vegetables are cooked partially.
- Now add this partially cooked chopped vegetables with oats-dosa batter and mix well.
- Heat a griddle with few drops of oil; spread small amount of batter; place few boiled green peas on top.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil on the periphery; cover and cook till the pancake is done (this may take only few minutes – no need to cook the other side); do the same for remaining batter too.
- Now healthy Oats Vegetable Mini Pancake/Dosa is ready. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice or with some ketchup or with idli podi.
- You may use other suitable easy to cook vegetables also.