Paal Paniyaram is a simple sweet and can be prepared easily. Deep fried rice-urad dal balls are soaked in sweet milk. It can be ordinary milk or coconut milk or mixture of both. Here I have prepared it with ordinary milk. I boiled the milk to make it thick to get nice taste of the dish.
Milk is known as Paal in Tamil.
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – pinch
- Salt – pinch
- Oil – for frying
- Soak rice and urad dal for 2 to 3 hours; grind it with salt to a smooth paste, so that it can absorb milk when soaked in milk after deep frying (this should not be too thick or too thin).
- Boil milk in a wide pan; let it reduce in volume to half approximately; then add sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; shape rice-dal paste into small balls with wet hands and deep fry them.
- Add this in warm milk.
- Soak it for 15 minutes and then serve.
- Deep fried rice-urad dal balls can also be soaked in coconut milk.
Did you find this article useful? Please subscribe to our RSS Feed to receive all the FREE updates on various articles!