Palak a type of spinach, can be quickly and easily prepared as Raitha (Tamil equivalent of Pachadi). In my family, we love this raitha with ginger flavor.
- Palak boiled and mashed partially – 1 cup (I boiled it in microwave oven)
- Fresh curd – 1½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Red chilli – 1 no
- Green chilli chopped finely – 1 no
- Ginger grated – 1 table spoon
- Asafetida – pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tea spoon
- Wash, chop and boil spinach with few cumin seeds (I did it in microwave oven).
- Blend boiled spinach partially; mix it with curd and salt; heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; let the seasoning fry well and become crisp; transfer it to curd spinach mix.
- Mix and serve it chilled.
- This pachadi can be prepared with other greens like Mulai Keerai (Amaranth).