Here I have prepared Palak Paratha, a well known north Indian dish. Palak Paratha is one of the favourite food of all my family members.
Cooking time: 30 to 40 minutes other than chopping spinach.
- Whole wheat flour – 3 cup
- Gram flour (besan) – ½ cup
- Palak chopped – 3 cups loosely packed
- Red chilli powder – ½ tea spoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – generous pinch
- Oil – to cook parathas on tawa
- To grind
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Garlic cloves – 2 no
- Ginger – small piece
- Coriander leaves – few strings
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash and chop palak leaves; peel garlic, ginger and put it in mixer with green chilli, salt and coriander leaves; run the mixer once or twice to grind it partially.
- In a bowl put wheat flour, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and gram flour; add the ground item also; mix well and then add chopped palak leaves; mix and by adding little water knead to a dough.
- Take some dough, roll it with a rolling pin; as it contains more greens with moisture, you need generous dusting of flour for rolling.
- Heat a skillet, grease it and cook paratha on both sides by applying oil lightly.
- Repeat for the remaining dough also.
- Yummy greenish palak parathas are ready. Serve hot with any raitha.
- To knead the dough, you may require less water as greens also have water/moisture.
- Gram flour (Besan) helps for easy rolling of parathas and gives nice colour.
This post is part of the “Family’s Favourite Food Event – Valentine’s Day Special” hosted by Shama Nags.