Poori (Puri) is the popular deep fried Indian bread. Palak (spinach) is mixed with wheat flour to prepare this colourful Palak Poori/Puri (Indian Spinach Bread). Palak poori looks green in colour with slight taste difference. Even those who do not like spinach, will find this poori attractive and tempting.
- Boil and grind the following 4 items to get – 1 cup
- Palak – 1 bundle
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tea spoon
- Green chilli – 4 no
- Salt – as per need
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cup
- Rice flour – 2 table spoon
- Oil – for deep frying poori
- Palak paste for Poori: Clean, wash, cut and boil palak with green chilli, cumin seeds; I boiled palak in microwave oven.
- Cool it, add salt and grind it to a fine paste without water to get 1 cup by volume.
- Palak Poori/Puri: Add palak paste, rice flour with wheat flour; mix nicely and prepare a dough (add little oil and water to prepare the dough if you find it sticky); shape the dough into small lemon sized balls.
- Use a rolling pin and board to shape it further into a disc; deep fry these discs in moderate flame.
- Now Palak Poori/Puri (Indian Spinach Bread) is ready.
- Serve hot with any chutney or vegetable. I served it with Bombay (now Mumbai) Chutney.
- Have a closer look of Palak Poori/Puri (Indian Spinach Bread).