Palak (Spinach) Bhurji is a simple, tasty, easy to prepare dish. When you have large amount of palak at home, this is the most appropriate dish to compress it to smaller quantity. Bhurji is also known as Bhujia in some parts of India.
Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Palak (spinach) – 1 bundle chopped
- Potato peeled and cut into small pieces – 2 no
- Garlic chopped nicely – 2 no
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooking oil – ½ tea spoon
- For seasoning
- Red chilli broken – 2 no
- Cumin seed – ½ tea spoon
- Turmeric – ¼ tea spoon
- Asafetida powder – pinch
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning; add chopped garlic, turmeric, salt and fry till garlic pieces turn golden in colour.
- Add chopped palak, potato and mix well; cook till potato is soft and till maximum water evaporates.
- Now Palak bhurji is ready. Serve with chapati or rice.
- No need to add water as palak contains more moisture.
- Tender stems of palak can also be chopped finely and used in this dish.