Here I have prepared Palakkai (Baby Jackfruit) Podimas. It is a simple dish to prepare. With all freshly added spices this tastes different and nice. Cleaning and cutting baby jackfruit is a little messy process.
Cooking time: 20 minutes other than cleaning and chopping baby jackfruit.
- Cleaned, cut and boiled baby jackfruit – 2 cups approximately
- Grated coconut – 1 to 2 table spoon
- Turmeric – pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- To dry roast and grind
- Coriander seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram – 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli – 2 no (as per your taste)
- Aniseed – ½ tea spoon
- Poppy seeds – ½ tea spoon
- Cinnamon – 2 small pieces
- Cloves – 2 no
- For seasoning
- Mustard – ½ tea spoon
- Urad dal – ½ tea spoon
- Green chilli chopped – 1 no
- Ginger chopped – ½ tea spoon
- Onion chopped – 1 small
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tea spoon
- Mash boiled baby jackfruit partially; dry grind coarsely the items given for grinding.
- Now do the seasoning in a pan and fry well chopped onion, ginger, green chilli; add salt, turmeric powder and fry; add mashed jackfruit, mix well and fry for few seconds.
- Now add grated coconut, dry ground powder and mix well; stir for few seconds.
- Now jackfruit podimas is ready. Serve with rice or chappati.