Cooking time: approximately one hour
- Fresh Paneer – 400 grams.
- For grinding
- Green chilli – 3 no
- Lemon juice –1 table spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 table spoon
- Thick curd – 2 table spoon
- Mint (Pudina) leaves – few
- Saffron food colour – pinch
- Sugar – 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin seed (jeera) roasted and powdered -1 tea spoon
- Garam masala power – 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash and cut the paneer into 2 by 2 inch pieces.
- Grind the items given for grinding to a smooth paste.
- Mix the paste with paneer pieces and marinate for 45 minutes.
- Shallow fry the paneer pieces in a pan (tava) in low flame on both sides to golden colour.
- Serve hot with cut onions and lemon pieces.
- use as less oil as possible to fry in low flame.
Suitable as a side dish with rice or chapatti.